As a Data Scientist you will work with customers, client solution managers and senior sales staff to design and execute data analytics projects with simMachines’ proprietary technology. You will have contact with clients and you will develop, document and implement new machine learning algorithms and apply them to real world problems.
Areas of Responsibility
- Supporting sales development with demonstrations and technical presentations that improve clients’ understanding and appreciation of our unique technology.
- Delivering data analytics projects on a deadline.
- Determining objectives and effort estimates for data analytics projects.
- Executing the technical project plan, typically involving data preparation and cleansing, feature engineering, hyperparameter tuning experiments, and validation of models.
- Preparing and assisting in communicating results to the client.
- Working with other data scientists participating in the project.
- Communicating with client solution managers about project status.
- Participate in technical client support including problem identification and investigation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to a start-up environment and changing responsibilities.
- Master’s degree or Ph. D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or Analytics.
- Experience with Python, Java, or R.
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks, Pandas, Sklearn
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms.
- Experience with ETL or database software.
- Experience in Big Data, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Flink or graphical visualization a plus.
simMachines provides similarity-oriented machine learning solutions for Advanced Analytics. Our most important feature is that we focus on telling you the WHY of a prediction; this allows our clients to make informed actions based on our predictions and our algorithms to comply with the most stringent Artificial Intelligence auditing rules.
Dave Jakopac, 847-372-0830
222 W. Merchandise Mart
Suite 1225 Chicago IL 60654
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for assisting the executive leadership team in developing new business opportunities at large target partner and direct clients. The Business Development Manager will provide a wide range of support including handling inbound leads generated through social media and web-site SEO optimization, deliver to target prospects marketing content designed to establish meetings, participate in sales opportunities in a support or primary sales management role, develop and execute prospecting and partner communications plans, create and modify sales decks, work with client success team on developing demonstrations and pursue any directly assigned opportunities.
Reports to: CMO
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the executive team on supporting specific sales opportunity activities including messaging strategy, content development, demonstrations, evaluation agreements, contract agreements, target client goals and objectives, etc.
- Work closely with the client success team on developing application content including demonstrations, sales decks, blog posts and web pages that outline the functionality, features and benefits of applications in a compelling way.
- Work closely with the CMO and supporting agencies on pipeline development activities and programs including inbound lead handling and qualification, new outreach programs such as email campaigns, and initial introductions.
- Handle specific existing partner or client assignments with regard to being primary point of contact for sales questions, updating and maintaining partner support sites, co-branded content, press releases, coordinating training activities and education for partner resellers, etc.
- Working closely with the client success team and CMO on the development of data partnerships.
- Working with the CMO on synthesizing external marketplace news and analyst research reports.
Standards of Performance
- Successful implementation of responsibilities to achieve sales and revenue objectives.
- Accurate and timely completion of tasks and assignments.
- Strong working relationships with management, staff, clients, vendors, and suppliers.
- Comfortable and confident in communicating, presenting and interacting with all levels of individuals.
- Excellent writing and content development capabilities.
- Excellent presentation and proposal development capabilities and experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong sales skills and client service experience.
- Use of solid judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented, fast-paced environment.
- PC proficiencies with Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Flash, other selected graphics software
Education, Training, and Experience
- College Degree required or equivalent work experience with emphasis on marketing, analytics, business development and communication skills. Education is considered to include both the formal/traditional as well as learning from life and work experience.
- 2+ years of work-related experience with emphasis on similar work in the Martech / Adtech or AI sectors with good command of the marketplace and current state, omni-channel digital marketing / media capabilities being supported by large agencies, cloud providers, and consulting firms.
- 2+ years training / education in information technology and advanced analytics.
- Salary, standard benefits and commission / bonus plan tied to specific business development assignments
222 W. Merchandise Mart
Suite 1225 Chicago IL 60654